Wednesday 6 March 2013

General update

On the Georgie front she is still on Prednisone, Cyclosporine, Leflunomide and her 3 weekly Cytosar injections (next round this weekend). She is still improving in terms of her GME symptoms and I am thrilled. I can only pray that the day we decide to do the first pred reduction she will still continue to improve.

She is now quite the pro at jumping off the couch and the bed is now also seemingly a breeze. I think she just needs to get some confidence to jump onto the couch. I am going to try and coax her to jump on a lower couch with some of her favourite treats. I think that might do the trick. Hopefully once she has mastered that she will have the confidence to try the couch in the lounge.

Oh and Dr Strydom has been convinced for a while now that Georgie has some sort of vision in her left eye. We have suspected it too and even more so after last night. There was a cow hoof on the floor in the kitchen (out of place) and she tentatively snuck up to it and ran away repeatedly as if it was something strange. It gives me comfort to think that she can still see something no matter how little.

FYI, I recieved not one reply from any of the places I emailed for research feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment